TWICE BUILT - A new book about St Patrick's church history.
A foundation stone was laid on 29th June 1861, but the church did not open for services until September 1866, and it was not fully completed at that time. What happened in between?
There is a clue in the title of a new book "Twice Built" by Tom Conlon. It tells the extraordinary story of the construction of St. Patrick's, and the people who built it.
Available from Hewett Newsagent for €11.99
Profits will go to parish funds.
Click here to buy online via the publishers (Genealogical Society of Ireland)